- Written by shangbaby
- Category: Career
- Hits: 420
1/14- 5/27/2016 CRM Business Analyst CHLA Foundation (non-profit) via HCTec
- Collaborated in-person and remotely with vendors, business & IT resources pre- and post-conversion.
- Advocated execution plans that supported and promoted workflow efficiency inter-departmentally during conversion from Millennium to Blackbaud’s CRM database system.
- Provided pre-conversion analysis and documentation of ‘as-is’ workflows and efficiency gaps that revealed opportunities for improvement in operational processes regarding data flow, data quality, and data accuracy.
- Trained to use Blackbaud’s Software Development Kit for delivery of campaign reports, donor relations’ reports, naming opportunity reports, donor services operational reports, and other as-needed foundation reports.
- Digested Blackbaud documentation to stay current with system updates and new releases.
- Managed multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Created ad-hoc workflows where needed after go-live and improved existing processes to mitigate system conversion pain points.
- Managed all data definitions and auditing across the new CRM system.
- Mapped data fields between Millennium and CRM to increase the ease of data translation among the report development team from the legacy Millennium database to the new CRM database.
- Designed and delivered end-user training and training materials where appropriate.
- Provided technical support as needed.
- Use CTEs, stored procedures, and complex grouping TSQL queries to build datasets.
- Applied best practices in change management techniques to reduce the pain of changes for end-users.
- Document ad-hoc and standardized workflows for daily monetary data imports.
- Create batch and import templates via the Blackbaud software.
- Flush out problem data with requested data analysis using BBCRM’s query tool, TSQL code, and created data variance reports that revealed data inconsistencies, omissions, or inaccuracies.
- Tools Used: MS Excel 2010-2013, TSQL: CTEs, subqueries, stored procs, and XML,Blackbaud CRM 3.0 SDK, Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2008-2012, SHAREPOINT
3/13- 1/14 Salesforce Business Analyst Heal the Bay via Taproot Foundation (non-profit)
- Conduct business process discovery sessions with Heal The Bay stakeholders. Provide functional and technical insight on user behavior and share expertise on concerns with integrating existing Salesforce functionality with custom data needs.
- Compiled results of discovery interviews and documented requirements and functionality gaps discovered among erroneously installed SF packages.
- Performed Salesforce admin tasks: created custom objects, fields, field dependencies and validation rules, created dynamic default values, custom formula fields that calculated total donations for the life of the donor’s membership.
- Configured user interfaces and page layouts.
- Defined object relationships via lookup fields between Donations object and Member objects as well as master-detail relationship fields between members, campaign, and connection type objects.
- Collected and documented issues with reporting as HTB’s Salesforce instance presently functions. This was done through collecting user stories as well as analyzing the backend of Salesforce to see how workflow was set-up.
- Created use-case document to reflect as-is fundraising scenario and ideal fundraising scenario in Salesforce.
- Created data mapping document of as-is Salesforce database object fields and their dysfunctional relationships. Used Excel 2010 to conditionally format unnecessary fields or add-on packages installed on HTB’s production site.
- Analyze benefit of a clean install of a new instance of Salesforce vs. making minor changes to existing instance (i.e. change workflow rules, validation rules, etc.)
- Analyze as-is vs. to-be process
- Create Migration Document and vet best migration tool and process to apply.
- Prepare data for data migration into new Salesforce B2C model based on Person Account. This involved analyzing the type of data HTB was working with to determine the list of potential merge fields.
- Analyze Salesforce reporting limitations, features, and capabilities.
- Create demo reports with SF Report Builder to map and ID common fields as well as those objects that need a relationship to the primary object.
- Determining if as-is relationships are enough to sustain the types of reports needed.
- Conduct gap analysis of Salesforce functionality and stakeholder need.
- Create test environment in Sandbox version of the production site.
- Configure Security Group Rights in New DB.
- Troubleshoot remaining errors upon migration completion.
- Troubleshoot remaining import & workflow errors.
- Create report templates in new Salesforce database.
- Create custom objects and analyze best practice Salesforce functionality against those objects.
- Ensure fields under the existing account/contact paradigm had unique names so that the merge fields referenced the correct field.
- Interfaced with HTB on a regular basis via virtual meetings.
- Analyze how to use the Partner functionality to relate different person accounts.
- Provided customized training guide of how to use Salesforce once migration and functionality testing is complete.
- Managed custom fields, objects, and triggers and developed custom high-level HTB reports, dashboards.
- Gathered, documented, analyzed and drew conclusions about HTB data and fundraising process.
- Defined, coordinated, and executed user acceptance tests against business requirements with, or on behalf of, the business units.
- Document current state (“as is”) and future state (“to be”) processes, systems flows, and data flows.
- Tools Used: MS Excel 2013, Salesforce Enterprise, Salesforce Developer, Analytics API.
11/04-03/13 Various Consulting Projects via Robert Half Technology, Adecco, & Artech Information Systems: Business & Reporting Analyst/Accounting
Fishman & Tobin / Valley Crest / PPS Production / KB Homes / thecodingsource.com / Ballard Rosenberg Golper & Savitt LLP / Allied Waste / Samco Scientific / Harrison Toshiba Lighting / Star Race Cars / Easy Rider Magazine / Universal Studios ( all non-relevant accounting project work)
- Streamline the data mapping required before uploading to the data warehouse.
- Created various reports such as firm asset acquisition report; a cumulative case cost spreadsheet and a "Cafeteria Plan" benefit breakdown cost report.
- Analyze financial data and created reports
- Created AP spreadsheets to log vendor invoices and transmit compiled expense report to Fishman & Tobin accounting department.
- Audited, reconciled, verified and corrected 200+ vendor invoices per day (matched, batched and coded) as well as researched and resolved billing discrepancies.
- Maintained W9s, 1099s, collections, financial reports and profit monitoring either per client or per quarter.
- Researched, identified and resolved any billing problems with our biggest client: the City of Los Angeles.
- Completed expense reports for the previous month, created tracking expense reimbursement reports, order processing, and analysis, and performing inventory audits.
Tools Used: MS Excel, JD Edwards, QuickBooks Enterprise, AS400, Syspro, ACCPAC Pro Series Enterprise edition v.7.3, MS Office 2003, FACTSv3 CRM System, Peachtree Accounting for Manufacturers
9/12- 03/13 Business Analyst III Bank of America via Artech Information Systems, Inc. (Banking)
- Creating ad-hoc reports
- Creating/altering T-SQL stored procedures
- Migrate Excel audit tracking reports into two SSRS main summary reports
- Analyzed T-SQL code to determine what should be a sub report and what should be part of the summary audit tracking report.
- Analyzing and merging T-SQL code to extract sample data for various Loan Auditing populations.
- Collaborated with other team members about purpose, as-is workflow and Loan Auditing process to determine best query method to employ for automation of the manual process.
- Work independently with users to define concepts of extraction of loan samples for audit projects.
Tools Used: SQL SERVER 2008, SSRS, SSMS
02/12-08/12 Data Management Analyst, ICON MEDIA DIRECT (Advertising)
- Created SOPs for established processes.
- Work with the technical staff to automate existing tasks and reduce manual steps.
- Used pivot tables, vlookups, and conditional formatting to verify telemarketing data against data uploaded to a proprietary database and online reporting.
- Assisted Account Managers and Media Buyers create ad-hoc reports beyond the formatting structure.
- Ability to extract true intent of report from AMs beyond mere formatting requests.
- Used VBA and macros to automate large Excel spreadsheets of 1M + rows of data for easier navigation, data scrubbing, conversion, and manipulation.
Tools Used: EXCEL 2007/2010, Defacto, Advantage. CORE
06/11-01/12 Business Analyst/Data Mining and SSRS RDL Report Developer,LAHSA.ORG via Robert Half Technology (non-profit)
- Hands on experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) like gathering reporting requirements for agency programs, design, develop, use and test reporting projects before moving to production.
- Document steps of existing, internal analysis process and propose more efficient, effective tools and applications.
- Understand the soft needs of non-profit departments such as program contracts, case management, and outcomes.
- Translate soft needs into applicable technical actions as well as exhibit the ability to focus on critical issues according to priority.
- Provide monitoring support of agency-specific data being submitted to LAHSA on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Created new management reports based on the evaluation of data being exported and imported into the Los Angeles Continuum of Care Homeless Management Information System database.
- Used SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition to extract raw data from the Homeless Management Information System data warehouse.
- Used SSIS packages and Import/Export Wizard to populate a separate instance of SQL server from the HMIS data warehouse to more freely report Winter Shelter data.
- Created SQL Mail Agent Jobs involving email delivery of customized reports.
- Used SSRS to meet the demand for customized reports requested by Winter Shelter Program principals.
- Reviewed, revised and created new training materials focused on appropriate field population of required data fields based on HUD Data Standards.
- Support reporting requirements by ensuring that the integrity of the data warehouse is accurate and in accordance with HUD Data Standards.
- Analyze data for accuracy, process audit reports, offer solutions to remedy deficiencies and validate results.
- Participate in validating results for any discrepancies presented in the LA CoC HMIS system.
- Assist IT Management with the timely coordination and implementation of HUD-sponsored programs.
- Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Generate ad-hoc or management specific reports using SSRS and Excel.
- Participate in database application and design.
- Assist other members of the IT/HMIS Department in carrying out technical projects including planning, training, implementing, website maintenance and the installation/setup of hardware and software.
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle project responsibility in a timely manner.
Tools Used: MS SQL Server 2008 SSRS, SSIS, MS Access, Excel, Excel Data Analysis features, MS Word
01/07-2/07 Database UI Designer, Nestle via Adecco
- Created registrar summary of enrollment dashboard.
- Developed application to track course materials, class size and space.
- ETL raw course data.
- Developed UI for a database.
Tools Used: MS Access, MS Project, MS Outlook, Crystal Reports
09/06-1/07 Data Research Analyst Nestle via Adecco
- Imported raw grocer UPC data from SAP to MS Excel cleaned it in MS Access with a left join query and exported to another MS Excel file pre-formatted according to the specs of the new data clearing house. (I have a copy of the query I created to get the columns needed for the data cleaning and transfer).Transitioned existing data sources to the data warehouse (1SYNC), analyzed product fields for accuracy, forwarded correction requests, and verified record error clearing through queries.
- Created data-mapping report using Excel for product description transition from BEST to 1SYNC.
- Generated Excel reports that provided historical log of action taken on current data feeds. Aided with synchronization when the client requested publication of data.
Tools Used: MS Access 2003, MS Excel 2003, SAP, 1SYNC, and BEST
- Written by shangbaby
- Category: Career
- Hits: 1061
THE SOFT SKILL SET
Soft Problem: As-is state of a company's data environment is dispersed among dated legacy systems that have residually created hard to retrieve BI.
Solution: Learn the as-is process by interacting with the solution users & other frontline staff whose performance is indirectly affected by the in-place solution. Seek out the back-story to reveal the environmental pain points, bottlenecks, and obstacles. Discover the software features that are step-heavy, cumbersome and slow to produce (extracted in JAD sessions). Recommend & apply corrections in user-error. Suggest eliminating ineffective features and replace with a more streamlined business process if labor expenditure proves to be less costly than new software acquisition. Analyse and propose a business step consolidation and/or automation plan.
Experience: In the spirit of collaboration among various levels & types of stakeholders, I asked about the mode of use of multi-software solutions & the reason for their application. While parsing the process surrounding the use of these solutions, I discovered bottleneck tasks and presented my reasoning for elimination and identified the opportunities for extracting valuable performance data.
Conveyable Skills: Set-up, coordinate & conduct JAD sessions. Sync definitions among users and developers. Use diplomatic techniques, to sync understandings and perspectives among disparate department staff. Use visual presentation to clarify and set intentions of tasks, steps, and overall processes. Gather requirements and pinpoint unnecessary redundancy.
THE HARD SKILL SET
Hard Problem: legacy data gaps.
Solution: Query the old database and create some variance reports based on existing legacy reports. Map the as-is tables to the to-be tables to find equivalents. Inquire targeted stakeholders about the history and intention behind collecting the data in the past. Find out if the data is extraneous, duplicated, parent-child linked, or orphaned. Discover if existing business processes are collecting the correct data and are being correctly linked during the process.
Experience: In order to promote efficient analysis, I use Excel Power Pivot and Vlookups to navigate the raw data from legacy systems to neatly lay out what the data is currently. Then I compare to data residing in proposed data fields provided by the new software's database installed on a test server.
Targeted Skills: Create TSQL queries using SQL Server 2008 R2 & 2012. Used CTEs to create datasets that focuse on specific fundraising areas. Stored procedures were used as the base for reporting through Blackbaud platform.
Skills Applied In Below Domains
|Mortgage Governance||Municipal: Library, Transportation||Non-Profit: Environmental|
|Non-Profit: Social Service||Non-Profit: Medical||Non-Profit: Professional Development|
|Advertising||Commercial Property Management||Fashion & Design|
- Written by shangbaby
- Category: Career
- Hits: 1092
- EXTERNAL DATA PROTOCOL
- FRONT-LINE DATA POLICY & PROCEDURE
- AS-IS/TO-BE DATA STATE
- SWOT DATA COLLECTION PRACTICES
- DATA(FINANCIAL/TEXT) VARIANCE
- SOFTWARE FEATURE
- PROJECT ACTIVITY
- CLARITY PROMOTER
- PROCESS TRANSPARENCY
- CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL LOS ANGELES FOUNDATION
- DATA MIGRATION FROM LEGACY TO NEW
- HEAL THE BAY
- EVALUATE & SWOT SALESFORCE COMPARED TO AS-IS MULTI-PLATFORM REPORTING SOLUTION
- SYNC BUSINESS & TECHNICAL PERSPECTIVES IN PLAIN TERMS
- AUTHOR USER FRIENDLY HOW-TO DOCUMENTS
- LISTEN TO BOTH FRONT-END USERS AND BACK-END DEVELOPERS
AND PROMOTE A MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN DISPARATE PERSPECTIVES
- DOCUMENT THE HISTORICAL REASONING & PRECEDENCE
- BUSINESS PROCESS BUILDING
- EVALUATE & PRESENT THE AS-IS PROCESS
- APPLY SWOT ANALYSIS & PRESENT FINDINGS
- RESEARCH INDUSTRY & "OUTSIDE-THE-BOX" SOLUTIONS
- PRESENT PROS & CONS OF POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS
- BUSINESS PERFORMANCE REPORTS
- INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE THAT FEEDS GROWTH
- ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEM THAT PROMOTES FUNCTIONAL INTERACTIONS BETWEEN ALL STAKEHOLDERS